Rising Moon

A few days ago I was sitting on my balcony and enjoyed a relaxing evening. At some time I noticed the full moon rising up above a group of trees. Some clouds were moving in front of that orange glowing disk. It was such a beautiful sight, that I immediately went inside my home and grabbed my camera with the huge telephoto zoom lens. Because there was not that much time I skipped erecting a tripod. Instead I rested the lens onto the railing of my balcony to stabilize it. So I got some amazing shots of the rising moon.

400mm  f/5.6  1/80sec  ISO400

I took the photo with my EOS 600D and my EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L zoom lens. Camera was at P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was at a fixed value of 400. It could have been a lot higher to get faster shutter speed, but I was so excited that I didn't mind.

Comments