Beach Silhouettes

104mm  f/13  1/800sec  ISO200
A few days ago I shared some spectacular photos of clouds reflecting in water on a beach near Cannon Beach, Oregon. I sent the whole day there at the shore. The U.S. west coast is perfect for sunset photos, but also for silhouette shots from noon to the evening. I was there in early March this year, it was a bit chilly and windy and therefore not many people came to the beaches. So it was easy for me to take some beautiful silhouettes in front of the ocean.

71mm  f/11  1/500sec  ISO100

135mm  f/9  1/640sec  ISO100
During my day at the sea I visited several beaches. At noon the tide was lowering and the ocean was quite calm. The scenes came out smooth and relaxing. In the late afternoon the tide started to rise again and the waves got higher and higher. The scenes became more dramatic and with heavy wave action. The two boys in front of the turning waves with all the glittering water are simply gorgeous. It love this photo.

135mm  f/13  1/1000sec  ISO100

All the photos were taken with my EOS 600D and my newly acquired EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 kit zoom lens. Camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was at a fixed value of 100 or 200. I took the photos hand-held.

Comments