Ravens in Love

400mm  f/11  1/1000sec  ISO400
During my vacation to Alaska in early March this year I drove a lot around the Anchorage area. At one stop I spotted a raven on an old tree. It raised my attention because of it's loud calls. I grabbed my camera and started to take photos. Fortunately I had my car with me and rested the heavy lens onto it to get a stable image. The raven was sitting on one branch, looking around and calling loudly.



400mm  f/11  1/1000sec  ISO400
Suddenly a second raven appeared and landed directly next to the other one. Instead of fighting they started touching each other with their beaks. It seemed as if they were kissing. One raven gently picked into the feathers of the other one. It was so nice to observe this cute couple. They were really lovely to each other. Unfortunately I did not have that much time and had to return to the road again soon.

400mm  f/11  1/1000sec  ISO400

I took these photos with my EOS 70D and my excellent EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L zoom lens. Camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was at a fixed value of 400.

Comments