Cute Meerkat

135mm  f/7.1  1/320sec  ISO400
During the Easter holidays I was visiting my family again. At one afternoon we decided to take a walk through the local zoo even though the weather was not that nice. I like visiting zoos. It gives you the opportunity to observe local and foreign animals at a relatively short distance. Some are very interesting, other are too cute. Like the meerkats. They are so adorable! Every time I see them I want to catch one and take it home. They are so funny to watch, especially if they freeze to stone to observe something fully concentrated.

135mm  f/7.1  1/320sec  ISO400
Sometimes meerkats are standing tall to better overlook the environment. I waited a bit until one of them was looking straight towards me. Their face is so cute with the dark eyes and the steep and tiny nose. The hands are firmly pressed against the belly. This one stood frozen like a statue with only the head turning around. Some moments later there were again three of the meerkats at the place. The same time a family with a large dog appeared which took the full attention of the cuties to it. A funny sight.

135mm  f/7.1  1/320sec  ISO400

I took the photos hand-held with my new EOS 70D and my also new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens. The camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. Because of the overcast sky I chose a fixed ISO value of 400.

Comments