The flying dog

During my recent vacation I spent a wonderful day at the Pacific ocean beaches of Oregon. At Hug Point State Park I was relaxing and wandering along the beach. Since it was early Spring there were not much other people around. A huge black dog was playing and running around. He belonged to a family that was also enjoying this beautiful day at the beach. I was just busy taking some photos when I turned around and saw this huge dog running right towards me. Instantly I went down to my knees and started shooting again. Unfortunately the sun was in front of me and so the dog turned out quite dark. But with post-processing the image I could work out some more detail. I like the result and I'm happy to have caught the dog with all his feet in the air. And his tongue is the best of it all.

85mm  f/11  1/640sec  ISO200

I took the photo with my EOS600D and my EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens. The Camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was at a fixed value of 200. I took the photo hand-held.

Comments