Old tree on a dam

In late December I was on a short trip to the beautiful Rhine Gorge which is not that far from my home. Near the famous rock "Lorelei" there is dam built into the river forming a small harbor. While walking along the dam to reach the statue of Lorelei at it's end I noticed an old tree growing right in the middle of that dam. Because it was Winter time the tree did not carry much foil and all the bent and bony branches were clearly visible. The scene was kind of spooky and the gray weather perfectly added to that impression. I had to take a photo of that tree.

35mm  f/5.6  1/100sec  ISO200

The photo was taken with my newly acquired EOS 70D and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens. The camera was set into P mode with a fixed ISO value of 200. I have shot hand-held.

Comments