Berberis Montana


In November I was on a vacation to South America. While travelling around I noticed of bushes with blossoms in strong orange color. This time of the year is Spring season in southern hemisphere and everything was blooming. But this bush raised my special attention. It's little blossoms where hanging like small lanterns at branches with bad thorns. The strong orange color was an eye catcher even at far distances. Since these little lanterns were dangling in the wind, it was not easy to take o photo of it. But with some patience I catched a moment of stillness and released the shutter. In later search of what kind of plant it is, I found out the name of it is Berberis Montana.

48mm  f/5.6  1/125sec  ISO100

The photo was taken with my EOS 600D camera and my EF-S 18-55mm standard zoom kit lens. I've set the camera into aperture priority mode with lowest possible aperture value to get a short depth of field with a nicely blurred background. Shutter speed was calculated automatically. ISO was at a fixed value of 100. T took the photo hand-held.

Comments

Roland Theys said…
a very nice "orange"