Airplane with Contrails

400mm  f/5.6  1/400sec  ISO400
It has been a long time since my last post with contrails. So I thought I could share some photos with those aircraft created clouds again. While former posts concentrated on the massive amount of cloudy lines in the sky, today's scenes are about the aircraft producing contrails. It was a clear and sunny evening when I took these photos. The low sun illuminated the airplane and contrails nicely. The evening hours turned out as perfect for such photos. For those who are interested, the first plane is an Asiana Airlines Boeing 747 and the second one is an Etihad Airways Boeing 777.

400mm  f/5.6  1/3200sec  ISO400

I took both photos with my EOS 500D and my EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L lens. The camera was set into aperture priority mode with a fixed aperture value of f/5.6. Shutter speed was calculated by the camera automatically. ISO was at fixed value of 400. I shot the photos hand-held and stabilized the camera by sitting on the ground and resting my arm on my knee.

Comments