Intensive Sunset

It was a cloudy day with only little sunshine last Summer when I spent a weekend at friends yard. In the evening we were sitting on his terrace and had a good time. The later the evening went the more orange became the horizon. I didn't expect this because of the many clouds. Suddenly the sun came out behind some clouds just between the roofs of two home. This was an amazing sight. I immediately grabbed my camera and framed the scene. Luckily my camera was next to me in that moment.

400mm  f/13  1/1250sec  ISO400

The photo was taken with an EOS 500D camera and an EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6L zoom lens. Camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was at a fixed value of 400 because of the already darker light conditions. I rested my elbow onto the table to stabilize the lens and camera.

Comments