Heavy Clouds and an Airplane

While browsing my photo archive this evening I came across this photograph, that I obviously prepared for publishing here in my blog but never did. It was taken on a sunny afternoon in May 2012. Heavy thunderstorm clouds have built up to the East of my home. The afternoon sun in the West was illuminating them nicely. I was just taking photos of that clouds when a landing airplane was crossing by. It was such an amazing sight with the plane appearing so small in front of those huge clouds.

400mm  f/8  1/500sec  ISO100

I took the photo with my EOS 500D camera and my newly acquired EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6L lens. The camera was set into Aperture priority mode (Av) with a fixed value of f/8. Shutter speed has been calculated automatically. ISO was set to a fixed value of 100. The photo was shot hand-held. In post processing it I increased contrast a bit and turned it into a black and white image to give it more intense impression.

Comments