Dark clouds and sunrays

25mm  f/22  1/1250sec  ISO400
Clouds are an amazing creation of nature. I do love them. Under certain circumstances you can observe an interesting scene. If humidity is very high and the sun is peeking through heavy clouds the sun rays become visible. This is what I experienced during a recent cruise. We were under way at open sea when a storm came close. At one point thick clouds were hiding the sun and it got quite dark. But the sun still found holes to peek through. Because of high wind and open sea the humidity was high enough to make the sun rays visible. What a gorgeous scene!

50mm  f/18  1/500sec  ISO400

70mm  f/16  1/800sec  ISO400

I took the photos with my EOS 500D camera and my Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-5.6 travel zoom lens. The camera was in P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was at a fixed value of 400 because of lower light conditions. I did not use any tripod.

Comments