Inside the Cadet Chapel

18mm  f/3.5  1/30sec  ISO800
Yesterday I shared some photos of the amazing Cadet Chapel at U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. The building looks fantastic from outside. It's shape and symmetry is so beautiful. When I entered the building it was quite dark at first because of the bright sunlight outdoors. The more my eyes got used to the low light the more beautiful the scene became. The hall was shining in blue. The windows at both sides were dimmed to not let in too much day light. The perfect symmetry from outside continues inside. The high triangular windows are framed by colorful glass tiles. These lines of tiles are continuing up to the very top of the ceiling, creating an interesting pattern. While most tiles have colors of blue, the ones at the top were of red, orange or yellow color, creating some warm spots at the ceiling. The mood within the hall was amazing.

18mm  f/4  1/30sec  ISO800

18mm  f/3.5  1/20sec  ISO800

18mm  f/4.5  1/50sec  ISO800

I took these photos with my EOS600D and my EF-S 18-55mm kit lens. The camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. I've set ISO to a fixed value of 800, as a compromise of minimizing images noise and getting shutter speeds high enough for quite sharp photos when shooting handheld.

Comments