Glowing Grapes

Maybe you remember my posts about vine plants earlier this year which I took at a friends vineyard at lake Balaton in Hungary. Some days ago I visited him again. This time it was harvesting time.

55mm  f/5.6  1/125sec  ISO400
The plants were full of sweet and delicious grapes. One evening we were sitting at my friends terrace and I noticed some grapes were illuminated by the setting sun. The soft and weak light was shining throw the fruits making the glow in warm colors. I took my camera and selected one group of grapes that were hanging there separately from others. A higher distance to background creates a better blurred background and thus more pointing out the main object. I chose a position with backlight but nor directly against the sun. I adjusted aperture value to a low value to get a nice depth of field. In the end I'm quite happy with the result and especially with that beautiful bokeh.

For taking this photo I used my EOS 600D camera and my EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 standard kit zoom lens. Camera was set into Av mode with lowest possible aperture value selected. Shutter speed was calculated by camera automatically. ISO value was at fixed value of 400. I did not use any tripod and took the photo hand-held.

Comments