Raising Vine

Today I want to continue my little series about growing vine plants with some raising branches. Yesterday's topic was little sprouts on old trunks. Today I share some photos of larger branches that were raising up to the sky. I shot them from below to point out their aim to reach the sky. Both photos were taken with back light, means against the sun. This increases the juicy green of the young leaves. Especially in the left one I love the various shades of green produced by different angles the sun hits the leafs and many layers of shadows. Back light also lets you clearly see the inner structure of the leafs with all the veins. It's amazing. In the right photo this strong color gets lost a bit because of the direct sun light shining through. The branch tends to become a silhouette but still lets too much light through to complete get dark. I love the look of the sun. Because of a relatively high aperture value the sun get a star like look with many rays.

  
55mm  f/5.6  1/800sec  ISO100

  
55mm  f/14  1/500sec  ISO200

I took these photo again during my weekend vacation to lake Balaton in Hungary. The camera was my EOS 600D and the lens I used was my EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 standard zoom kit lens. The camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was at an fixed value of 100 or 200, because of the sunny sky.

Comments