Strandkorbs


A Strandkorb is a kind of beach chair, designed to protect you from wind and sand and to spend some shadow to your head. It should make your stay at the beach more comfortable. The first Strandkorb was invented by a German basket maker in 19th century. Today you can find them along the German beaches of North Sea and Baltic sea. It is a typically German phenomenon and often called German Beach Chair.

Last year in Spring I spent a weekend at Germany's northernmost island Sylt. I took photos of shells, sea gulls and the sand. This Spring I did the same. And besides some new perspectives of shells I experienced a beautiful sunset at the beach. At both visits I also took a lot of photos of Strandkorbs and some of them I want to share in this months gallery.

You can also view the photos in my Picasa Webalbum.












Comments