Dogs looking out of their homes


Last February I visited a Husky farm and attended a short dog sled tour. When we cam back from that tour I has some time to play with the dogs. As I already mentioned in a former post I love Huskys. At this farm dogs where held in kennels where two dogs shared on home. When walking around looking at all the dogs I noticed this relaxed one, looking bored out of the opening of his home. It was such a funny scene that I had to take a photo of it. I decided to shoot through the kennel's fence to not disturb the dog in his relaxation. Fortunately the fence holes were large enough.

55mm  f/5.6  1/20sec  ISO200

At the next kennel I was surprised to see a similar scene, that was even a bit more interesting. Again one dog was looking out of his home. This time not in a bored manner but watching carefully what's going on around him. It is so funny to see that the dogs behave similar to us humans. Watching out the window to see what's going on at the street. These dogs are simply gorgeous. I again took the photos through the kennel's fence to not disturb the dog and destroy the funny scene.

55mm  f/5.6  1/30sec  ISO200

I had my EOS 600D and the EF-S 18-55mm kit lens with me at the farm. As usually my camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. It was an overcast day which results in poor light conditions on a Winter day in northern Norway. But I didn't want to set ISO value too high to prevent image noise. I have chosen a fixed value of 200 for ISO, which resulted in relatively slow shutter speeds. But fortunately I could stabilize the camera at the kennel's fence and the dogs were not moving. So I got some sharp shots anyway.

Comments