Clothespins

55mm  f/5.6  1/500sec  ISO100
Some days ago I spent some days at a friends yard. From that weekend I already shared some photos of his cat with glowing eyes. In his yard I also found this clothesline with all these colorful pegs on it. I thought this would give a beautiful scene for playing aperture and depth of field. The dark green background of some trees in the back would nicely point out the clothespins. I took my camera, set it to Av mode with the lowest possible aperture value to get the best depth of field. I played with different focus points but I most like the one with the second clothespin being in focus. This gives a beautiful depth of field because the foreground and the background are blurred. The colorful peg are nicely separating from the background. I like this shot, which was taken with my EOS 600D and my EF-S 18-55mm kit lens.

Comments