Storm Clouds


Last week, when I was sitting at my desk one evening, it was getting dark outside and the sky turned into some dangerous looking colour. I went out to my balcony and this is what I saw.

27mm  f/5.6  1/80sec  ISO200
Heavy, dark and low hanging clouds were reaching the city. With light from the setting sun the whole scene looked very dangerous, but impressive. The colors were amazing. The dark gray in combination with blue shining clouds and yellow background is absolutely fascinating. I couldn't resist and grabbed my camera and started taking photos.

27mm  f/5.6  1/80sec  ISO200
Soon it started raining heavily, hail was falling too and I had to go back inside. To my surprise lightnings were striking, followed by strong thunder. It was the first thunderstorm this year and I cannot remember I've ever experienced a thunderstorm in mid April here in the city. It was very strange.

18mm  f/4  1/40sec  ISO200
I took the photos from my balcony with my EOS 600D and Tamron 18-270mm zoom lens. The camera was set into P mode and calculated aperture and shutter speed automatically. ISO was set to a fixed value of 200.

Comments