Intensive Fall Colors

When I recently was out for some nice Fall shots a group of plants raised my attention with their extremely intensive red colored leaves. It was such a beautiful sight. When looking through the camera and moving further into that group of plants the color got more and more surrealistic. It was just a mass of strong red, orange and some patches of yellow and green. It was like an explosion of colors. The photo here shows best this amazingly beautiful scene. It was taken with a focal length of 55mm, an aperture value of f/5.6 and a shutter speed of 1/250 sec at an ISO value of 200.

While I was taking photos of the plants I noticed that on some leaves there were small water drops. Because of the leaves' surface the drops turned into spheres laying onto the leaf. I did not have a macro lens with me, but with my EF-S 18-55mm kit lens I can get quite close to an object. I tried to get as close as possible to the little water spheres. When looking at the resulting photo I'm fascinated by all the reflections in the water. Looks awesome. The extremely colorful background does the rest to a beautiful scene. This photo here was again shot at 55mm focal length. This time the camera had calculated an aperture value of f/8 and a shutter speed of 1/100 sec. ISO value was still at 200.

Comments