Colorful Clouds

Yesterday evening after a rain shower I went out to my balcony and saw this strange coloring of the sky. There were heavy clouds in shades of gray mixed with others in bluish colors. It was such a crazy light situation that I immediately grabbed my camera and catched the situation. I had great luck that I went out in just that moment. Some minutes later the wind has created a completely different constellation of clouds and the sky looked boring again. It was a very magic moment. In the photo I love this black silhouette of the city's roofs. It increases this mystic mood.

For the photo I used the following settings: My EOS 600D was equipped with my EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 standard kit zoom lens. I used the maximum possible wide angle focal length of 18mm to catch as much of the sky as possible. I've set the camera into P mode und because it was quite dark, I've chosen an ISO value of 400 to get reasonable shutter speeds. I didn't want to setup my tripod this time. The camera has calculated an aperture of f/6.3 and a shutter speed of 1/125 sec.

Comments