Callistemon

In early Spring I was accuiring new plants for my balcony. At the market I spotted a plant I didn't know so far. The description showed it's name "Callistemon" and contained a photo of it in blooming state. The blossoms looked very interesting so I bought it.

Weeks later the first buds started to open a bit an a strong red color was shining through. The next days it looked like a growing ball of red spaghetti. In fully opened state the blossom looks like a red bottle brush with yellow tips. The whole plant was covered with this funny red brush like blossoms. It is really a phantastic sight. The screaming red colour of the blossoms in contrast to the strong green of the leafes. This is one of the craziest and funniest kind of blossoms I've ever seen. Hopefully the plant will survive the next winter and I can enjoy it blooming again next year.

I took the photos with my EOS 600D and my EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5-6 standard zoom lens. The camera was set into Av mode to calculate the shutter speed automatically. ISO was at 100. I took photos with various focal lengths and different aperture values to get a nice depth of field.





Comments