Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana

Today I want to present another macro shot. It is about the blossoms of a houseplant called
Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana. The plant is not very large, has thick, dark green leafs and tiny blossoms in different colors. This one here is a dream in pink. The blossoms are really small, less than a centimeter in diameter. What I found interesting with this plant was that at one of the groups of pink blossoms here was one single blossom that raises out of the others and it had a slightly different, more redish color. Looked like this one blossom wanted to state that it was something special.

For the photo I used my excellent EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro lens. No special light or flash was used. The plant was placed on a window bench and illuminated by daylight. The camera was set into aperture mode with an aperture of f/8. I have selected an ISO value of 200 to get reasonable shutter speeds. Since the photo was a bit too dark I used an aperture correction of +1. Shutter speed was at 1/20 sec. With activated image stabilizer this still gives a sharp image.


Enjoy a dream in pink!


Comments