Bunny


It's Easter time and this is the time of the bunny. So, here is a photo of a cute one that I've taken 2 years ago.

This bunny raised my attention because it was eating hawkbit blossoms and that looked so funny. When it started eating the blossom was hidden in the grass and only the stalk was visible. It looked like the bunny had a straw in its mouth. With every chew the stalk got shorter and shorter and very soon only the blossom reached out of its mouth. This is what the photo shows. Two or three chews later the whole blossom was eaten completely. A funny scene I could watch for a long time.

Today, after learning this and that about animal photography, I would try to capture the scene in a slightly better way. First I would try to not cut off the ear. And then I would try to get further down to get more at eye level of the bunny.  A lower aperture value would also be nice to better seperate the animal from the background. But the aperture value was already the lowest possible with the lens I had used at this time.

The lens of my choice was my EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 Kit zoom lens. The photo was taken with maximum zoom at 250mm. Camera was in P mode and ISO in AUTO mode. The camera had calculated for the scene an ISO value of 250, aperture value of f/5.6 and a shutter speed of 1/250 sec.

Comments