Magnolia

Spring is near and after all those gray photos in the last posts here is something colorful. This photo I have taken on a walk at our river bank here last April. It was a beautiful saturday and I decided to take my camera and look for some nice spring scenes.

One scene I found was this huge Magnolia tree. It was covered with thousands of blossoms, some are already wide open and some are still quite closed. I love Magnolia trees. These deeply purple blossoms between those strong green leaves look gorgeous. I was looking for some nice blossoms that are not already open and that were a bit separated from the others. They should not be in too dark areas and not been covered by leaves or branches. I found these here. I like their virgin look. The blossom leaves are smooth as silk, still tightly bound together and they are completely unhurt. I love this photo.

For the walk I used my Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 lens, because it has the widest focal length range. So I was not limited to near or far away objects. The camera was set to P mode and I chose an ISO value of 200 because the blossoms were in a shady area of the tree. The perfect focal length was 169mm. For this photo the camera has calculated an aperture of f/6.3 and a shutter speed of 1/125 sec.

Comments