Colonnade

When I was out in the city recently to take some photos I came by one of our exhibition halls. There is this long colonade at the building which I find interesting. The shape of the columns and the stairs give it a kind of different look compared to a classic colonnade. The square shaped columns look more modern than round ones. I like how the colonnade gets darker in the back finishing in that tunnel like structure at the end. Unfortunately I couldn't remove the bicycle and close the half open door. That's why the scene is not perfect but on the other hand, this gives the scene some life. I intentionally moved some steps to the left to direct the point of interest to the columns and not having all things centered makes the photo more interesting.

This photo was shot with my EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens at 42mm focal length. I have set the camera into P mode with ISO 100. The camera has calculated an aperture of f/5 and a shutter speed of 1/40 sec.

Comments